Please stand with St. Philip's United Methodist Church
in support of Ukraine and Humanitarian Relief Efforts around the world:
UMCOR – Global Ministries sends relief from Methodist Churches to various projects all around the world.
Find more information here: https://umcmission.org/
Other support organizations also include:
1. People in Need is providing humanitarian aid to over 200,000 people on the ground. For those most in need, they provide food packages, emergency shelter, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating. Donate here.
2. The Ukrainian Red Cross does loads of humanitarian work, from aiding refugees to training doctors. Donate here.
3. The International Medical Corps is on the front lines and prepared to help citizens with emergency health care services, as well as mental health and psychosocial support. The agency is also keeping the pandemic top of mind throughout the crisis by prioritizing COVID-19 awareness and prevention services, to help keep displaced citizens safe from the pandemic. Donate here.
4. CARE is responding to the crisis by providing Ukrainians in need with food, hygiene kits, psychosocial support services, access to water, and access to cash. Donate here.
5. Nova Ukraine is a nonprofit that delivers aid packages to Ukraine with everything from baby food and hygiene products to clothes and household supplies. Donate here.
6. UNICEF is repairing schools damaged by the bombings and providing an emergency response to children affected by the conflict. Donate here.
7. UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency has stepped up its operations and is working with governments in neighboring countries "calling on them to keep borders open to those seeking safety and protection.” You can help support the UNHCR's work supporting refugees by donating here, and take action here to send a tweet urging governments and businesses to support the United Nations' urgent appeal for $1.7 billion to deliver life-saving humanitarian support.
8. OutRight Action International is helping to support LGBTQ+ groups and organizations on the ground, setting up shelters and providing safety for citizens. All donations made to OutRight will go directly to the cause. You can donate here.
9. The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is deploying emergency operations in Ukraine and surrounding countries to provide food assistance to those fleeing the conflict. Donate here.
10. Save the Children is working with partners to respond to meet the urgent needs of affected children and their families. It's ready to provide life-saving assistance, such as food, water, cash transfers, and safe places for children as people flee amid freezing temperatures and brutal conditions, and to scale up portions to ensure children impacted by the crisis have the support they need. Find out more and donate here.
11. SOS Children’s Villages has worked in Ukraine since 2003 and is coordinating an emergency response to support families who are living in the conflict areas and those who have been internally displaced. Find out more and donate here.
12. Mercy Corps is mobilizing a team to the region to assess where help is most needed, and is anticipating providing emergency cash assistance, as well as supporting local organizations that know their community needs best. Between 2015 and 2017, Mercy Corps provided humanitarian assistance in eastern Ukraine, reaching more than 200,000 people with emergency cash, food, water, and sanitation supplies, small business development grants, restoring war-damaged homes and more. Find out more and donate here.
13. Medical Teams International is fundraising to send medical supplies to the region, with all proceeds going towards sending medicines and/or medical supplies. Learn more and donate here.
14. The World Health Organization Foundation is raising funds for WHO’s Health Emergency Appeal for Ukraine. An estimated $57.5 million must be raised to deliver urgent physical and mental health care to the 18 million people in Ukraine needing urgent humanitarian assistance, and more than 4 million refugees who’ll need protection and assistance in the coming months. You can donate here, and share the WHO Foundation's call for donations on your own social media, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
15. Alight is a humanitarian nonprofit that has sent teams of emergency response workers to Poland to assist with the burgeoning refugee population by helping to meet all their material and psychosocial needs. You can donate here.
16. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is on the front lines of the world’s conflicts, natural disasters, and other crises, helping people recover from extreme hardship and put their lives back together. The IRC currently has a team dispatched to Poland that’s helping to provide food, medical care, and emergency support services to families who fled Ukraine amid the violence. You can donate here.
17. Team Rubicon mobilizes their highly skilled volunteers to help people prepare, respond, and recover from disasters and humanitarian crises. As a World Health Organization Emergency Medical Team mobile unit, Team Rubicon has sent a small team to Poland, including physicians with expertise in pediatrics and maternal and reproductive health care. Donate here to help Team Rubicon rapidly respond to meet humanitarian needs.