October 31, 2021
Though the past 18 months have brought unexpected challenges into all of our lives, we are grateful that as a church community we have not grown weary in our mission to embody God’s love in our community and world. We held fast to our commitment to one another, strengthened our resolve to care for those in need, and grew in new ways to deepen our ministries. We are grateful that YOUR generosity and faithfulness made it all possible!
As we look forward to the year ahead, the theme for the 2022 Stewardship Campaign is “Now, More than Ever, Receive Hope, Be Hope, Share Hope”. Psalm 46 reminds us that “We will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult.” God reminds us that he is our rock and we will not be shaken. It is important that you know that your generous financial support has been crucial to allowing St. Philip’s to continue to be a beacon of hope and of God’s love during challenging times —
· Your gifts have helped us reach worshippers near and far through online worship services, as well as in our sanctuary.
· Your love for neighbor has impacted local and worldwide missions in need of support and engagement during a pandemic, storms, floods and hardships.
· Your openness to embrace the future has allowed for enhanced technology throughout the campus, which will enhance our ability to access internet in all of our buildings and offer a guest connection to those who may not have internet access.
· And your dedication to creatively lead and participate in small groups has helped individuals to grow in faith and in friendship, and an experience of community.
In the year ahead, we are excited to reimagine our ministry to reach an ever-broadening church community. There will be many blessings and perhaps challenges, but having your pledge as part of our collective promise will have a profound impact. In fact, we cannot accomplish all that lies ahead without you.
We hope that you will prayerfully consider your role as a steward of SPUMC over the next several weeks. Our stewardship season culminates on Consecration Sunday, November 21. Please join us as we together commit our gifts of prayer, presence, gifts, service and witness in support of Christ’s ministry at our church. We encourage you to make your pledge in whichever way is most convenient and most meaningful for you.
· In worship on Consecration Sunday, November 21 at 10:30 a.m.
· Online here
· Or by mailing your pledge card to the church office.
We are profoundly grateful for your generosity, your trust in God, and the depth of your faith.
With grateful hearts,
Rev. Lisa Callaway